TYP Race, Equality, Access, Diversity, Inclusion Team
If Tucson is going to grow a more inclusive economy, we must be intentional about the conversations we are having and the actions we are taking to ensure the steps we take as a region benefit all, and not just some.
We will work together to address problems that include:
- Economic inequity
- Institutional racism
- Participation and community representation
- Gentrification and similar issues that come with economic growth
Initial ideas for activities this team can lead.
- Evaluating and educating YPs on public policy.
- Developing roundtables and similar events to educate members on READI issues.
- Providing recommendations to TYP board on how the organization itself can be more welcoming and inclusive.
Why should a member get involved?
- If you have knowledge, experience and passion that could be helpful in guiding these complex issues and want a vehicle to maximize your impact.
- If you are interested in learning, listening, and becoming a better ally.
- If you understand that a more equitable Tucson will be much stronger for all.
Become a TYP Member to view the directory