Why Join TYP?
TYP makes Tucson a better place for young professionals to live, work and play through professional events, mid-level career development programs and advocacy initiatives. By being the unified voice of our region’s young talent, we are bringing new ideas and perspectives to help Tucson experience positive development that benefits all. Our members are better prepared to grow in their careers, more connected within the community and have a stronger voice in shaping Tucson’s future. We lead that future, today!
All Tucson Young Professional Members receive the following benefits:
- Monthly TYP mixers at no cost, including free food and refreshments! Meet like-minded 21-45 year-olds in the city
- Free VIP admission to monthly CEO Roundtables, intimate gatherings with top CEOs and executives for professional development
- Priority purchase of discounted tickets to TYP events like our annual professional development conference ignite520!, TYP @ Eller MBA, Annual Golf Scramble, etc.
- Leadership opportunities to serve on a TYP committee and/or Board of Directors
- Future access to exciting programs under development currently, including site visits at some of the up-and-coming headquarters and office sites, like Hexagon, El Rio Cherrybell, Banner, etc., varying throughout the year, and the TYP Mentorship Program
- A monthly newsletter keeping Young Professionals in the loop on events, community news, and people making a difference
- Direct access and engagement with our community’s top business and civic leaders to help shape the initiatives and policies that will make Tucson a better place to live and work
We want you to speak up, make a difference, start a project, help a neighbor—whatever your passion may be, we are here to help you live it.
Volunteering with Focus
Tucson Young Professionals is driven forward by an active Board of Directors and engaged committees. Our committees are a vital part of how the organization is operated and our professional members that run them are our lifeblood. Our committees operate to plan, promote, and execute the mission and values of TYP.
This committee serves as the principal liaison to TYP members and manages the membership program. The focus is on acquisition, retention, and benefit fulfillment through multi-platform outreach. The committee recommends strategies for enhancing TYP membership and continually evaluates our current services and benefits through member surveys to ensure our members’ needs are met. It develops member incentives and creates new benefits that help retain members and add value to their professional careers.
The focus of this committee is to locate and connect the various young professional organizations already in existence in the region to create a larger, more influential and unified voice. As the sole organization representing all young professionals in Southern Arizona, this is part of the mission of TYP. The committee will work with partner organizations and other TYP committees to address issues of common concern and offer events that present opportunities for strategic networking.
Programs & Events
The Programs & Events committee provides TYP members with activities that make them better all-around professionals and citizens. The focus of this committee is to give TYP members opportunities to advance through events and programs centered around networking, career development, work-life and wellness, and personal management.
The Governance Committee creates strategic outline for our Board of Directors and ensures that the organization is targeted to its mission. It is responsible for ongoing review and recommendations to enhance the quality and future viability of the Board of Directors.
The role of the finance committee is primarily to provide financial oversight for the organization. It is also responsible for budgeting and financial planning, financial reporting, and the creation and monitoring of internal controls and accountability policies.
Ready to Get Involved?
Utilize the form below to request more information about a committee(s).
TYP memberships are considered non-refundable, but a refund request can be
made within 45 days of your transaction.